Jessica. 17. Sagittarius. Writer. Explorer. Dreamer.
I wanna go slacklining with you
Christmas Favorites—Christmas Lights
British Rowing Team Poses Naked to Help Fight Homophobia. (x)
i’d like to thank not only god but also jesus for this gifset
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
this is /haunting/ to look at. children can die at anyone’s hand. even the “heros”
No one before Bernini had managed to make marble so carnal. In his nimble hands it would flatter and stream, quiver and sweat. His figures weep and shout, their torses twist and run, and arch themselves in spasms of intense sensation. He could, like an alchemist, change one material into another - marble into trees, leaves, hair, and, of course, flesh.
- Simon Schama’s Power of Art. Bernini
- Six Word Story #1 (via wrxst)
Twelve years and she still makes the same expression when her name is called out in the nominee lineup
people that can swim underwater in chlorine pools with their eyes open are not to be trusted
people that can’t are weak and will not survive the summer